USTH would provide candidates with important information and skills needed to conquer the Admission Committee.
I. Why does USTH apply to interview candidates in the admission process?
Interview is a popular admission method that is widely applied in the world. Especially in universities in European countries, interview is one of the mandatory steps for candidates studying science and technology
Nowadays, most Vietnamese students choose universities and majors based on their parents’ orientation, not really based on their ability and passion which leads to making unsuitable decisions.
USTH has given chances to candidates who are passionate and really want to pursue the path of science and technology. Therefore, we choose the interview method to listen to the aspirations of the candidates directly.
II. How many steps for an interview at USTH?
- Registration procedure:
(Candidates prepare identification documents with photo (Passport or ID card), Receipt of registration fees, Receipt of the list of Admission dossier checked)
- Preparation for the knowledge test
Note: Candidates can choose the interview language in English or Vietnamese
An interview includes 4 parts:
Part 1: Introduction: Candidates would introduce themselves and their academic achievements.
Part 2: Test the knowledge of Sciences: Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Informatics
Candidates will give answers to the lottery questions. In addition to the right and wrong results, the Interview Jury also evaluates the candidate’s ability to think and reason logically.
Part 3: Suggestions from the Interview Jury:
The interview panel will discuss with the candidate the reasons for choosing the University, the choice of major, goals, and future orientation.
Phần 4: The Interview Jury gives assessments.
- After the interview
Candidates will get the results of the interview after 10 working days via email registered in the application form.
- Candidates have a good attitude towards admissions officers;
- Do not bring and use materials in the exam room;
- Do not use cell phones and other electronic devices in the exam room;
- Candidates are not allowed to bring scratch paper out of the examination room.
III. Which criteria to assess the successful candidates?
- Profile assessment results: marks in Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Information through academic records, awards, …
- Results of the assessment of knowledge of sciences through face-to-face interviews with the Council
- The results of the assessment of learning motivation and understanding of the field, career orientation through direct interviews with the Jury
In addition, the Jury also assessed other criteria including achievements in social work, aptitude, and so on.
IV. Tips for candidates to successful interview at USTH
1. Before the interview:
- Check the email address registered in the application form to get notifications related to the time and venue for the interview. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the Department of Academic Affair.
- Format of the interview: candidates should view interview videos on USTH’s Youtube Chanel to gain experience. Do not forget to confirm the time and venue of your interview
- Preparation for questions: make a list of questions you think the interview jury will ask you such as your background information or reasons to choose the University and program.
- Review knowledge of 5 sciences (Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Information)
- Practice as much as possible: note your profile, write down your strong points, and practice in front of a mirror.
- Individuality and difference are always appreciated in USTH
- Finally, get enough sleep and have a good breakfast.
2. During the interview:
- Formal clothes: it is not necessary to wear a uniform, but formal clothing with comfort is a great choice for you.
- Arrive earlier than your appointment time: arrive 10-15 minutes earlier than your scheduled appointment time. Remember to inform the University if you are late or have problems and have to reschedule your interview.
- Body Language: Sit up straight, and keep eye contact with the Interview Jury.
- Be yourself: the right or wrong answer is not as important as the reasoning process, connecting your insights to come up with that answer. Answer honestly, without being too boastful or too modest.
- If you do misunderstand the question, do not hesitate to ask again.
3. After the interview:
- At the end of the interview, candidates will have a chance to ask some questions to the Interview Jury. This is an opportunity for them to clarify questions about the program as well as the study environment at USTH. It is not necessary to
Wishing the candidates confidence and success in the interview!