University of Science and Technology of Hanoi (USTH, Vietnam France University) is a pioneer university in the region to apply the Bologna Process and the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) into the training program. The educational model is widely applied in more than 45 European countries. So, what benefits does ECTS bring to USTH students?
ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) – is a credit system designed to support students’ study in many different countries, based on results and the number of credits that students need to complete in the program. Therefore, students can accumulate and transfer credits from one current university to another to continue their studies.
ETCS is a key tool of the Bologna Process with the aim of creating a point of compatibility between the education systems of European countries, making the curriculum of universities more transparent, clear, and comparable.
The system applied for all training organizations to apply the Bologna process. Therefore, USTH students would be recognized for their academic results when transferring and exchanging courses in Europe.
The benefits of ECTS:
- Students can graduate from a bachelor’s program in one country and continue to apply for a Master’s degree in another European country.
- The diploma is recognized throughout Europe, so students can apply for a job in any European country.
- Simplify paperwork: you may be exempted from some certificates and papers that are required by non-European graduates.
- Easier to transfer credits when students participate in joint study abroad programs, student exchange, Erasmus…
- The close relationship between local and foreign students.
ECTS is increasingly widely applied in the countries of the European higher education group such as the UK, France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Ireland… Currently, USTH is applying Bologna and ECTS processes in the training system. Besides, USTH’s undergraduate programs are also approved by HCERES – The leading educational accreditation organization in France and Europe that recognizes standards.
Therefore, students will have a great advantage in gaining opportunities for internships, academic exchanges, and further study abroad. According to statistics, on average 60% of USTH students do internships at 200 research institutions and universities in more than 20 countries around the world, creating a solid step for their future.