The 2-years master’s program of Advanced Materials Science and Nanotechnology at USTH aims to provide depth knowledge (both academic and practical knowledge) to students about all aspects of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
|Scholarship||Up to 100%|
|Tuition fees||Vietnamese students: VND 50,000,000
International students: VND 95,000,000
|Award||Double degrees from a French university and USTH|
1.1. General information:
Nanomaterials are found in the center of contemporary technological evolution that has direct impacts on the daily life of human beings. This 2-years master’s program in Advanced Materials Science and Nanotechnology at USTH aims to provide depth knowledge (both academia and practical knowledge) to students about all aspects of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
With proposed courses ranging from the foundation of materials to current trends in research & development of advanced functional materials together with courses dealing with management, production quality control, etc, students are trained to be ready for the next step of their academic career (Ph.D. preparation) or for working in an industrial environment with the position such as technical assistant or Research & Development engineer. Indeed, most of our master’s students received Ph.D. scholarships from reputed institutions in France, the USA, or other countries after graduation.
Students are enrolled both at USTH and at a French partner university. In the second year (Master 2), the top 10% of students will be granted a six (6)-month internship in France. All graduated students will be awarded a double degree from a French university and USTH.
Why this course:
- English as the official teaching language
- Well-qualified lecturers from reputable French universities
- Advanced teaching methods
- Opportunities to participate in research projects with lecturers
- International standard laboratories (link to AMA lab website by DRITT)
- Scholarship up to 100% tuition fee & Opportunities to get 100% internship scholarship in France
- Experience Vietnamese and Asian living environments and cultures
1.2. List universities and institutions co-granting with USTH:
- Aix-Marseille University
- Le Mans University
- University of Paris
- University of Paris-Saclay
- University of La Rochelle
2.1. Training objectives:
The 2-years master’s program of Advanced Materials Science and Nanotechnology at USTH aims to provide depth knowledge (both academia and practical knowledge) to students about all aspects of nanoscience and nanotechnology.
All courses aim at developing knowledge in the domain and ability in research, technology application, and industry management for the local industries. The curriculum is skills-based and directed at management, technical and scientific skills. Many theoretical and practical courses are proposed in the domain of Advanced Materials, devices, and Nanotechnologies. The trained knowledge covers a large field of applications in biology, sensors, and molecular engineering ….
2 years training program (120 ECTS including 30 ECTS of internship) includes:
- 1st-year curriculum: Management sciences block; Foundation of materials block; Materials characterization and evaluation block;
- 2nd-year curriculum: Advanced courses in physics and in Chemistry; Advanced technologies for fabrication and characterization; Advanced materials for applications;
- Specialties: Advanced Materials, devices, and Nanotechnologies. (With academic and industrial application orientations);
- Internship: 3 – 6 months at laboratories and research institutes in Vietnam, France, or other foreign countries.
Ability to apply knowledge to synthesize, analyze, and evaluate material properties into practice in advanced material manufacturing technology.
- Based on the knowledge of materials science to develop new types of materials such as polymer materials, composites, thin-film materials, nanomaterials, magnetic materials, and biomedical materials for application in life and industrial production, agriculture, biomedicine, and the environment.
- Proficiency in research methods to evaluate material properties and material production technology chain systems.
- Be equipped with specialized skills in problem detection, document collection, and information search, develop research implementation skills, practice report writing skills, and publish in specialized journals. branch.
- Provide skills to work independently/in groups, ensure occupational safety and effectively exploit modern research equipment in the laboratory.
- Thinking skills, handling and solving professional problems on high-tech materials.
- Proficiency in specialized foreign languages (English), ensuring confidence in research and working in a professional international environment.
2.4. Career opportunities:
- Continue to study Ph.D. and work for universities, institutes, or labs in Vietnam and abroad
- Consultants, project managers in the fields of solar products, batteries, LEDs), healthcare (pharmaceutical products, functional foods, cosmetics), environment (water filtering equipment, composites…)
- High-quality human resources for deploying applications and technology transfer, the direction of research and innovation and technology transfer at science departments, high tech production union.
– About the training program:
Department of Advanced Materials Science and Nanotechnology (AMSN)
Tel: (+84-24) 32 12 11 62
Add: Room 304, 3rd floor, A21 building, University of Science and Technology of Hanoi
– About Admission:
Department of Academic Affairs (DAA)
Tel: (+84-24) 3791 7748
Hotline: +84-8 88 55 77 48 / +84-9 14 80 60 06
Add: Room 102, 1st floor, A21 building, University of Science and Technology of Hanoi