1. GENERAL INTRODUCTION
With a population of 97 million people and a rapidly developing economy, there has been an increasing demand for cars in Vietnam. According to many recent reports, the domestic automotive industry is making strong strides with the entry of many new automobile manufacturers and increasing investment in the production and assembly lines of large corporations in Vietnam. It is expected that the growth rate of this industry in the next 5 years will reach 10.5% per year.
Moreover, in order to provide more comfort and convenience to the customers, car manufacturers have been racing to produce new modern car models, equipped with smarter features and technologies. Therefore, highly qualified experts and technicians are playing a crucial role in designing, manufacturing, maintaining, and repair of automatic systems, new technology, and product lines to meet the increasing demands of the market.
The Bachelor’s program in Automotive Engineering at USTH has been built with the aim to train high-quality human resources with good expertise, high proficiency in English, and soft skills to adapt to the rapid change in the labor market.
The Bachelor’s Program in Automotive Engineering includes 1 foundation year and 2 years of specialization with a total of 180 credits. Students will take 3-6 months of internship at automobile companies and research institutes in Vietnam, France, and many other countries.
Studying in the automotive engineering program, students are firstly equipped with the basic knowledge of science – technology in many fields, thereby creating a solid foundation for a good grasp of specialized knowledge in automotive engineering fields such as automotive structure calculations, automotive theory, automotive design, maintenance – repair, dynamics control system, automotive operation safety systems, automotive mechatronic systems, electrical – electronics, control engineering, signal processing, etc.
The training program is built closely with the practical needs of the labor market, through close links with research centers and businesses. Students learn the theory that combines closely with practice in an international standard modern laboratory with a system of state-of-the-art equipment. In addition, students are also trained with critical thinking, creativity, professional working style, and soft skills such as scientific presentation, method of writing scientific reports, communication, teamwork, and leadership skills.
|General education||English||8||Basic sciences||38||60 ECTS|
|Management sciences||2||Oriented courses||12|
|2nd year||French||8||Mechanics of materials||3||60 ECTS|
|Introduction to automotive engineering||2||Automobile design||3|
|General mechanics of rigid solids||3||Mathematics for the mechanical engineers||3|
|Analog and digital electronics||3||Material||3|
|Fluid mechanics||3||Machine design||3|
|Probability and statistics||3||Technical drawing||3|
|Automobile structure||4||Automotive theory||4|
|Principles of internal combustion engine||3||Sensors and analytical devices||4|
|Elective courses (Choose 01 out of 02 courses)|
|Intellectual Property Management||2||Basic Principles of Project Management||2|
|3rd year||French||7||Automobile simulation||2||60 ECTS|
|Scientific writing and communication||2||Group project||3|
|Automobile manufacturing||3||Control of automated system||3|
|Environmental engineering||2||Mechatronics system on automobiles||4|
|Power electronics and applications||3||Automobile diagnostics, maintenance and repair F1||3|
|Automatic control||3||Summer internship||2|
|Automotive electrical systems||4||Automotive research and development||2|
|Elective courses (Choose 01 out of 02 groups)|
|Automobile experiment||3||Connected autonomous vehicles||3|
|Automobile diagnostics, maintenance and repair F2||3||Hybrid and electric vehicles||3|
3. PROGRAM OUTCOMES
Students completing the Automotive Engineering Program should be able to:
- Design new products and renovate standard automobile detail and components
- Calculate and design the technological process of manufacturing and assembling products in specialized fields
- Use, operate, test, diagnose, maintain, repair as well as research and improve automotive systems its components to improve the efficiency
- Manage and provide services related to automotive engineering
- Proficiently use informatics software applied in the field of automobile and mechanical engineering
- Research, implement, receive, and transfer technologies
- Apply knowledge of mechanics, control, electricity – electronics to simulate, manufacture and evaluate new systems in automobiles
- Meet the required knowledge of the international labor market and study abroad at higher education
- Identify and solve technical problems
- Organize, manage and direct production in enterprises
- Apply standard scientific principles to develop engineering solutions to a range of practical problems
- Communicate effectively and professionally with experts in the industry
- Collaboration skills in multidisciplinary teams.
4. CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Graduates will have many attractive job opportunities such as:
– In business sectors
- Mechanical technicians, automobile repair and maintenance staff, installers of electrical and electronic systems on automobiles, heavy vehicle service technicians, automotive telecommunications equipment installers, and repairers.
- Quality controller and inspector
- Automobile service advisor
- Operator engineer, supervising the production of auto spare parts, accessories,es and assembly
- Inspectors at automobile registration stations
- Sales staff, technical staff at automobile manufacturers such as Ford, BMW, Toyota, etc.
- Working in companies that manufacture autonomous vehicles such as FGA (FPT Software Global Automotive), VinFast, LG VS DCV, Panasonic, etc.
- Automotive software research and development engineer of automobile manufacturers
– Further studies
With the strong support of a Consortium of more than 40 French universities and research institutions, graduates of Automotive Engineering at USTH have many opportunities to progress to a master’s degree abroad, especially in France and other European countries to further their research career or become a lecturer at universities and colleges.
5. CONTACT INFORMATION
– About the training program:
Department of Energy
Tel: (+84-24) 37 91 87 19
Add: Room 302, 3rd floor, A21 Building, University of Science and Technology of Hanoi
– About Admission:
Department of Academic Affairs (DAA)
Tel: ( + 84-24) 7772 7748
Add: Room 102, 1st floor, A21 building, University of Science and Technology of Hanoi